Ear Nose & Throat
The Department of Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery, also known as ENT (Ear Nose and Throat), specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of disorders affecting the head and neck region. Our group of highly specialized physicians, advanced practice clinicians and audiologists provide comprehensive care at several Atrius Health locations for the spectrum of ENT disorders.
We care for a broad range of pediatric and adult disorders including:
- Disorders of the ear: infections, deformities, lesions, pressure or fluid problems, ringing in the ear, and tumors of the middle and inner ear
- Balance disorders
- Hearing loss and hearing rehabilitation, including comprehensive hearing aid services
- Disorders of the tonsils and adenoids
- Mouth lesions
- Laryngeal disorders: hoarseness, voice concerns, sore throat, swallowing problems, cough and changes associated with tobacco use
- Sinonasal disorders: chronic sinus infections, disorders of smell, nasal congestion, bleeding
- Salivary gland lesions, infections and enlargement
- Snoring and sleep apnea
- Neck masses, head and neck cancer
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery: in collaboration with our endocrinology department, provide surgical treatment options and support for thyroid nodules, Graves’ disease, primary hyperparathyroidism, thyroid goiter and thyroid cancer
- Cosmetic services and plastic surgery: cosmetic surgery, reconstruction following skin cancer surgery, functional and cosmetic nasal rhinoplasty
Not only do we care for the broad range of general ENT problems, but our department also encompasses sub-specialists in the areas of pediatric and adult otology and neurotology, facial plastic surgery, pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck oncology, rhinology, and thyroid and parathyroid surgery.