Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct Policy
Atrius Health is deeply committed to providing our patients, staff, and visitors with a safe, caring, and inclusive environment. To ensure this is achieved, we have implemented a Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct Policy.
At Atrius Health, words or actions that are disrespectful, racist, discriminatory, hostile, or harassing are not welcome and will not be tolerated.
- Physical acts of violence or aggression
- Sexual or offensive comments or gestures
- Oral or written threats or intimidation
- Derogatory comments pertaining to a person’s race, ethnicity, religion, attire, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.
- Refusal to see a provider or interact with a staff member based on their personal traits
- Theft, property destruction, or other criminal behavior
- Disrupting another patient’s care or experience
- Taking photos, videos, or audio recordings of care team members, patients, or visitors without written consent
If you witness or are the target of any of these behaviors, please report it to a member of your care team.
If we believe you have violated the Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct Policy with unwelcome words or actions, you will be provided with an opportunity to explain your perspective. We will thoughtfully consider your explanation in our review before any decisions are made regarding future care. Please understand that certain violations of our Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct Policy may result in a patient being asked to make other plans for their care.
We thank you for your support in ensuring a safe and respectful community at Atrius Health.