Preferred Extended Care Facilities
As part of our coordinated care, the Atrius Health Extended Care Facility (ECF) program has physicians and nurse practitioners located at carefully selected ECFs (Skilled Nursing Facilities and rehab facilities) to provide care to Atrius Health patients. These teams have been successful in returning patients home earlier and reducing hospital readmissions because of:
- Their link to your primary care provider
- Their expertise in managing complex care events, including medication management
- Their involvement at family and team meetings
- The services they bring into the facility, such as a mobile x-ray
- Their close work with both Atrius Health and ECF case management staff in planning for discharge
We strongly recommend that you select one of these select ECF facilities as part of your care plan. If you select an extended care facility that is not staffed by one of our Atrius Health providers, it will be more difficult to help you with your care.
For many of our patients, including most Medicare beneficiaries, payers allow us when appropriate clinically to admit directly to our preferred ECF facilities without the requirement of a hospital stay first.
Services that our providers offer at a selected ECF can include:
- Admitting new patients to the facility.
- Follow up visit as needed being available to address urgent matter to avoid ED transfer.
- Advance care planning discussion with appropriate documents completed.
- 24 hour/7 day coverage by clinicians who have experience managing patients in the SNF setting and who are able to respond in a timely manner.
- Timely communication to PCP if there is a significant change in the patient’s status.
- Regular participation in team meetings and in family meetings as necessary.
- If specialty care is needed, providers will utilize Atrius Health preferred providers, when clinically appropriate.
- ECF provider will review the patients discharge/follow up needs and ensure that follow up care is appropriate and that the patient is returned to their Atrius Health PCP.
- ECF case managers complete a comprehensive medical review and case management plan for these patients to support patient goals and a safe discharge
The following facilities are staffed by Atrius Health physicians, nurse practitioners, and case managers:
|Alliance Health at Braintree||175 Grove Street, Braintree, MA 02184|
|Brudnick Center for Living
||240 Lynnfield Street, Peabody, MA 01960
|D'Youville TCU & Senior Care||981 Varnum Avenue, Lowell, MA 01854|
|Ellis Nursing & Rehabilitation||135 Ellis Avenue, Norwood, MA 02062|
|Hancock Park Nursing & Rehab Center||164 Parkingway Street, Quincy, MA 02169|
|Hathorne Hill||15 Kirkbride Drive, Danvers, MA 01923|
|John Scott House Rehab & Nursing Center||233 Middle Street, Braintree, MA 02184|
|Life Care Center of Nashoba Valley
||191 Foster Road, Littleton, MA 01460|
|Life Care Center of Plymouth
||94 Obery Street, Plymouth, MA 02360
|Neville Center on Fresh Pond||640 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138
|Rivercrest Rehabilitation and Nursing||80 Deaconess Road, Concord MA 01742|
|Rosewood Nursing And Rehab Center||22 Johnson Street, Peabody, MA 01960
|Sherrill House, Inc.
||135 South Huntington Avenue, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130|
|Sunny Acres Nursing & Rehab Center||254 Billerica Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824|
|Wingate at Silver Lake
||17 Chipman Way, Kingston, MA 02364
The following facilities are staffed by Atrius Health case managers:
|Aberjona Nursing Center
||184 Swanton Street, Winchester MA 01890
|BayPath Rehabilitation and Nursing Center||308 Kingstown Way, Duxbury MA 02332|
|Bear Hill Nursing Center, Inc.;||11 North Street, Stoneham MA 02180|
|Deutsches Altenheim, Inc. (German Ctr.)||2222 Centre Street, West Roxbury MA 02132|
|Emerson Hospital TCU||133 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner, Concord MA 01742|
|Hebrew Senior Life||1200 Centre Street, Roslindale, MA 02131|
|John Adams Health Care Center||211 Franklin Street, Quincy MA 02169|
|Life Care Center Of Acton||One Great Road, Acton MA 01720|
||45 Woburn Street, Waltham, MA 02452
|New Bridge on the Charles||7000 Great Meadow Road, Dedham MA 02026|
|St. Joseph Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
||321 Centre Street, Dorchester, MA 02122|
|Winchester Nursing Home and Rehab||223 Swanton Street, Winchester MA 01890|
|Wingate at Needham||589 Highland Ave, Needham Heights, MA 02494|
|Woburn Nursing Center||18 Frances Street, Woburn, MA 01801|
If you have a specific question in reference to a Skilled Nursing Facility, please call (617) 421-6003.