Menopause Consultation Services
Menopause is a normal life transition. While many women find their menopausal and postmenopausal years to be productive and happy, some notice physical and mental changes that impact their quality of life.
Most women will live a third of their lives after menopause. It is important for them to be aware of strategies to manage their hormone-related symptoms and to optimize their overall health during the postmenopausal years.
The Menopause Consultation Service is available to help women understand current information about menopause and assist them in making informed choices about lifestyle, self-care and available treatments as they navigate this life transition.
What Does Our Menopause Consultation Service Offer?
Sometimes perimenopause and menopause present problems and issues outside the scope of a typical primary care or gynecology practice. An appointment with the Menopause Consultation Service gives you an opportunity to review your medical history and overall health in the context of menopause with a menopause expert.
During your initial consultation we will address your questions or difﬁculties related to perimenopause and menopause. With particular attention to your individual concerns, we will develop a plan for menopause management and communicate it to your referring clinicians. Once you have been seen by us, we will be available to consult with you and your other providers as needed to evaluate and adjust your treatment plan going forward.
Should You Request a Menopause Consultation?
Many women do not need specialized medical care at the time of menopause. There are situations, however, when a consultation can be beneﬁcial, such as:
- You are experiencing a difﬁcult menopause and the best therapy to manage symptoms is not clear.
- You are experiencing serious mood swings and wonder whether hormones play a role.
- You have or are at risk for osteoporosis and want to learn about your therapeutic options.
- You feel strongly about using alternative therapies for menopause symptoms.
- You feel that you might beneﬁt from hormone therapy but need a comprehensive discussion of your individual risks and beneﬁts.
- You need to taper or make adjustments in your hormone therapy.
- You are experiencing low libido in the setting of menopause.
- You are experiencing premature menopause or are planning surgical removal of your ovaries.
Our Menopause Consultation Services are Available at:
Harvard Vanguard Copley (Boston)
165 Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA 02116
Patients referred by their clinician for a consultation should call 617-859-5250 to schedule an appointment.