- Gynecological Care
- Minimally-Invasive GYN Surgery
- Donor Insemination
- Gyn Special Procedures Unit
- Menopause Consultation Services
- Urogynecology Department
- Vulvovaginal Services
- Obstetrical Care
- Questionnaire Forms
Committed to making it easier for women to be and stay healthy through every stage of life, from adolescence to post-menopause
Menopause is a normal life transition for most people with ovaries. And some become menopausal because of surgery, chemotherapy, or other medical conditions. While many find their menopausal and postmenopausal years to be productive and happy, some notice hormone-related physical and mental changes.
Those who experience menopause may live a third or more of their lives after menopause. It is important for them to be aware of strategies to manage their hormone-related symptoms and to optimize their overall health during the postmenopausal years.
The Menopause Consultation Service is available to help you understand current information about menopause and assist you in making informed choices about lifestyle, self-care, and available treatments as you navigate this life transition.
What Does Our Menopause Consultation Service Offer?
Sometimes perimenopause and menopause present problems and issues outside the scope of a typical primary care or gynecology practice. An appointment with the Menopause Consultation Service gives you an opportunity to review your medical history and overall health in the context of menopause with a menopause expert.
During your initial consultation, we will address your questions or difﬁculties related to perimenopause and menopause. With particular attention to your individual concerns, we will develop a plan for menopause management and communicate it to your referring clinicians. Once we have seen you, we will be available to consult with you and your other providers as needed to evaluate and adjust your treatment plan going forward.
Should You Request a Menopause Consultation?
Many do not need specialized medical care at the time of menopause. There are situations, however, when a consultation can be beneﬁcial, such as:
- You are experiencing a difﬁcult menopause and the best therapy to manage symptoms is not clear.
- You are experiencing serious mood swings and wonder whether hormones play a role.
- You have or are at risk for osteoporosis and want to learn about your therapeutic options.
- You feel strongly about using alternative therapies for menopause symptoms.
- You feel that you might beneﬁt from hormone therapy but need a comprehensive discussion of your individual risks and beneﬁts.
- You need to taper or make adjustments in your hormone therapy.
- You are experiencing low libido in the setting of menopause.
- You are experiencing premature menopause or are planning surgical removal of your ovaries.
Our Menopause Consultation services are available at two locations. Virtual visits are also available
165 Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA 02116
Chestnut Hill/West Roxbury
291 Independence Drive, Chestnut Hill
Patients referred by their clinician for a consultation should call their desired location to schedule an appointment.