Welcome to the Nutrition Department at Atrius Health. Our Nutritionists/Registered Dietitians are food and nutrition experts, who can help you translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy eating. We provide individualized medical nutrition therapy at each of our office locations
, to help you prevent, manage, and treat many chonic illnesses, including:
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Gastrointestinal disorders including Crohn's, colitis, celiac, GERD, irritable bowel syndrome
- Heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension
- Kidney disease
- Weight management issues, such as overweight, obesity, underweight, and eating disorders
- Women's health issues including: prenatal nutrition, gestational diabetes, menopause, osteoporosis, and polycystic ovarian syndrome
We are committed to partnering with you and your health care team to improve your nutritional status. Our nutritionists will work with you to develop your recommended nutrition plan and understand the scientific principles on which it is based. Our goal is to help you learn to make informed food choices and develop healthy eating and exercise habits which can result in improved health, quality of life, and cost savings on medical care and medications.
When you visit us for nutrition therapy, you can expect:
- An initial meeting with one of our Registered Dietitions, to discuss and record a nutrition history.
- A treatment plan developed to meet your specific needs and goals, taking into consideration your current diet and food preferences, your lifestyle, and your readiness to make changes.
- A series of follow-up sessions to ensure the success of your nutrition plan.