Our Reproductive Services
We offer a full range of advanced fertility therapies and IVF procedures in collaboration with Boston IVF in Waltham, Massachusetts - one of the most highly regarded assisted reproductive technology centers in the US. From simple reproductive interventions to full service IVF, we care for and manage all of your needs.
Our reproductive services include:
- Ovulation Induction - occasionally, couples are not conceiving because a female partner is not ovulating regularly. This is called “anovulatory infertility.” If this is the case, your doctor may recommend certain medications to stimulate the ovaries to ovulate. The type of medication and dosage is individualized. In addition, even if you are ovulating regularly, your doctor may recommend taking fertility medications to try to increase the number of eggs produced each month. Oftentimes, these medications are combined with an intrauterine insemination procedure.
- Intrauterine Insemination - a specially-prepared concentration of sperm is placed inside the uterus. The insemination is timed at a specific point in the woman’s cycle to optimize the chances of getting pregnant. This is often used for couple’s with unexplained infertility or if there are concerns about a mild male infertility factor or infertility related to cervical factors.
- IVF - Eggs are retrieved from the woman, fertilized outside of the body and then transferred back into the uterus.
- Fertility Preservation - Often, if patients are facing cancer treatment and potential medical or surgical therapies which could interfere with fertility, we can work with the oncology physicians to find a time to consider oocyte cryopreservation or embryo cryopreservation in advance of that treatment. We also are available to discuss age-related decline in fertility and review individual options.
- Our OB/GYNs and sonographers are highly skilled and accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine (AIUM) in OB and GYN ultrasound, providing services including follicular assessment, sonohysterogram and hysterosalpingogram to identify possible causes of infertility; routine gynecologic conditions; gynecologic pathology such as ovarian cysts, fibroids and uterine anomalies; and first trimester sonograms and appropriate dating scans to establish due dates.
- Donor Insemination Program - We provide a safe and comfortable environment for single women without male partners and lesbians who want to pursue their goals of having children.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine - Atrius Health has a very experienced staff of specialists who care for women in high-risk pregnancies.
- Reproductive Surgery Services - occasionally there may be fertility factors that can be addressed surgically to improve the chances of conception. Examples include fibroids that may be interfering with conception or the ability to continue a pregnancy, adhesions of the uterus, or tubal factors which may decrease the success of fertility treatment.