Care and Treatment at Kenmore
Care and Treatment at Kenmore
Under one roof at our Kenmore site, we bring together a comprehensive team of physicians and nurses, case managers, social workers and patient navigators to assure you receive the compassionate and complete quality care and treatment that you require.
To make this process easier on you and to minimize the need for separate visits or visits to multiple sites, you will be seen at Kenmore for all your hematology and oncology consultations and ongoing care. If imaging services are required, we offer on-site radiographic imaging, CT, and MRI. Chemotherapy treatment is prepared and administered in our on-site infusion unit staffed by highly trained infusion nurses to provide the high-quality care and efficiency. We have private cubicles with cable TV to maximize comfort during treatments.
You can meet on-site with our licensed social workers, a patient navigator and case management experts to help you and your family deal with the emotional issues of your condition and to provide assistance with home care, insurance, drug reimbursement and community resources.
There are dedicated oncology pharmacists at Kenmore who can expertly answer your questions about the medication prescribed by your physician. Additionally, fourteen of our Atrius Health sites have an outpatient pharmacy located at the practice.
Atrius Health oncologists can connect patients with appropriate clinical trials when needed through our relationships with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and other leading cancer centers in the Boston area.
Our advanced electronic medical record ensures that all members of your care team including your primary care physician have access to the most up-to-date information regarding your condition, medications and treatment at Atrius Health.
Your hematology and oncology outpatient care will generally be provided at the Kenmore office and surgical care at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Our full breadth of hematology and oncology clinical and support services include:
- Experienced chemotherapy nurses working on-site in our dedicated infusion suite with private rooms for patients
- Genetic counseling services with a certified genetic counselor for individuals who may be concerned about their cancer risk due to personal and/or family history
- On-site consultation with a clinical pharmacist with expertise in cancer therapy
- On-site imaging center with CT, MRI, and X-ray
- Access to other Atrius Health specialty services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, pain service, palliative care team, nutrition, and others
- 24-hour telephone medical advice from hematology/oncology physicians
- Urgent care visits for patients who need medical attention after hours or on weekends and holidays
- Support services including individual counseling and support groups for patients and families
- Case management services to help with family care and medical care at home
- Patient navigators to coordinate community services, short-term housing, local transportation, and referrals to community programs
- Survivorship Program