Gyn Special Procedures Unit
Our Gyn Special Procedures Unit offers the state-of-the-art tools needed, along with pre-and post- procedure care and a highly supportive setting, to perform minor gynecological procedures on-site and possibly eliminate the need for a hospital visit. The unit is located at our Somerville practice location. For contact information, click "Locations" on the left.
Our Gyn Special Procedures Unit offers the following services:
- Hysteroscopy to diagnose and treat abnormal uterine bleeding
- Laser treatments for lower genital disease
- A pregnancy loss team which cares for women who have had miscarriages
Our Gyn Special Procedures Unit also offers Essure, a transcervical sterilization procedure which is a hysteroscopically-delivered tubal occlusion device that achieves permanent contraception without the need for a hospital procedure.
- It is now available to all women who have made the choice for sterilization.
- A number of qualified physicians currently perform the procedure.
- The procedure is performed under local or an intravenous moderate sedation anesthesia at our Special Procedures Unit.
All interested patients should contact one of our Ob/Gyn providers for a consultation appointment.
In some instances, where specific equipment and specialized nursing care is not available in the Ob/Gyn office for certain procedures, our Gyn Special Procedures Unit can offer the state-of-the-art tools needed along with pre- and post-procedure care, potentially eliminating the need for a hospital visit.