Every human being has a unique set of genetic “instructions” which determine height, hair color, skin color, and eye color. Growth and development are also affected by these genetic instructions, as is the likelihood of inheriting certain diseases. At Atrius Health, we offer genetic diagnosis, evaluation, management, and counseling for individuals, couples, and families with suspected or known hereditary disorders such as:
- Birth Anomalies
- Developmental delay (e.g., autism)
- Hereditary cancers (e.g., breast or colon cancer)
- Blood disorders (e.g., hemophilia)
- Connective Tissue Disorders (e.g. Marfan Syndrome, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome)
- Childhood or early adult-onset hearing loss
- Hereditary neurological disorders (e.g. familial dementias and movement disorders)
- Rare, hereditary connective tissue disorders (e.g. Marfan Syndrome, Loeys-Dietz Syndrome)
Our medical geneticist and/or genetic counselor works closely with your primary care provider (PCP) and other members of your healthcare team to ensure comprehensive and coordinated care.
The Genetics department is located at our Harvard Vanguard Kenmore location.