- Wellness Information
- Video Library
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- All About the Flu
- Choosing Wisely
- Know When Antibiotics Work
- Stop Smoking
Committed to Safe CareMaintaining a Safe Environment for Patients and Staff
We know that safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds and we have been taking extra precautions for the health of our patients and staff. With the start of more in-person care as allowed by the state, we have been hard at work preparing our practice locations and care teams to provide the safest care environment possible when you come in for an appointment. Below are some of the enhanced screening, social distancing, cleaning and disinfecting procedures we are using each day. If for any reason you are unsure about keeping an appointment, please call your care team’s office to discuss what options may be available to help you receive needed care and medical advice.
Symptom Screening Procedures
- Patients are verbally screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure history when making an appointment, 48 hours before coming in for an appointment or procedure, and when entering our buildings. Any essential visitor accompanying a patient is also screened.
- All patients and essential visitors additionally have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer at the entrance of our buildings.
- Staff are required to be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure history prior to entering our sites for their work shift.
Masks, Personal Protective Equipment and Hand Hygiene
- Surgical masks or face coverings are required for all patients, essential visitors and staff
- Staff are additionally wearing eye protection during procedures
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and access to hand hygiene is readily available for patient and staff use
- Staff perform hand hygiene before and after all patient contact
- Wait rooms, common areas and workspaces have been rearranged for social distancing
- Elevators have been updated to have capacity limits and there are posters encouraging social distancing and universal masking throughout our sites
- Patients exhibiting COVID symptoms have separate pathways for care within our buildings
- We are limiting the number of people in our facilities and allowing only visitors essential to the appointment
- We are utilizing outdoor testing, drive-through testing, and walk-up testing booths for the testing of suspect COVID patients as much as possible
- Virtual care appointments by phone or video are offered whenever clinically appropriate
Cleaning and Disinfection
- All exam rooms and equipment are cleaned and disinfected after each patient visit
- All common area surfaces (e.g. chairs, check-in areas, doorknobs) are cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day
- We have removed reading materials and other items from waiting areas
- Pens and pencils are discarded or disinfected after each use