Urgent Care Video Visits
What if you had the ability to receive timely access to care with an Atrius Health clinician from the convenience of your home or office? Now, you can!
Atrius Health is currently offering video visits to adult primary care patients ages 18 – 65 on weekday evenings between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. These urgent care video visits are available free of charge for a limited time to eligible patients* who have an active MyHealth Online account.
Video visits are designed to evaluate and treat patients who are generally healthy. The 10 routine medical conditions which qualify for a video visit are:
- Cold symptoms
- Sinus symptoms
- Urinary tract infection symptoms
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
Video visits require an active MyHealth Online account and a computer or mobile device with a compatible browser as well as video and audio capabilities. If you do not have a MyHealth Online account, you’ll need to do two things: Apply for an account and then activate your account with the access code we will send to you via your email address.
Once you have a MyHealth Online account, you can also request a video visit appointment through your mobile device by downloading the free MyChart app.
To schedule a video visit:
- Click on the Appointments tab
- Click on “Schedule a Visit”
- Choose the “After Hours Video Visit” option
- Answer questions about your symptoms
- Schedule an after-hours video visit appointment!
- Please note: you must be in Massachusetts to participate in a video visit
The clinician you speak with will have access to your medical record and can prescribe medication and/or schedule a follow-up appointment with your primary care provider.
We hope you will try this new way of getting care!
* Due to regulations, patients with Medicare or Medicaid (MassHealth) are not eligible to participate in this pilot.
If needed, click on one of the buttons below to reset your MyHealth password or get your MyHealth id.