- Patient Information
- Become A Patient
- Urgent Care
- 24/7 Medical Advice
- When You Need A Specialist
- Common Questions About Referrals
- Medicare Information
- Requesting Your Medical Records
- Patient Billing
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct Policy
- Web Privacy Statement
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
Specialty Care at Atrius Health: Coordinating Your Care
At Atrius Health, we are delighted to offer you a system of connected care to keep you healthier.
Our primary care providers (PCPs) refer patients to our expanding team of specialists within Atrius Health or to a limited group of trusted specialists from outside offices with whom they have strong working relationships and shared systems to ensure you can access the benefits of this connected care. Our comprehensive approach offers significant benefit to you in quality of care, safety, patient experience, and cost-effectiveness. Coordinated care among providers through a shared medical record can reduce duplicate tests, speed communication, help avoid potentially adverse medication interactions, and allow for added services like urgent care, 24/7 access to a clinician by telephone, and the MyHealth Online patient portal.
Today, our practice has outstanding board-certified specialists in more than 50 specialties including allergy, cardiology, dermatology, ENT, endocrinology, fertility, gastroenterology, neurology, ophthalmology/optometry, orthopedics/sports medicine, oncology, pain management/spine, physical therapy, surgery, urology and many more. Many of our specialists are affiliated with and practice at leading hospitals, have faculty appointments at Harvard Medical School and other academic teaching institutions, and participate in research activities.
We are expanding specialty appointment capacity to make access even faster and have recently added online appointment scheduling in several departments for added convenience. We offer innovative care delivery options in several specialties, including real-time electronic consults with some specialists from your PCP’s office, visits at home that can help to avoid emergency department visits when appropriate, and other forms of telemedicine.
Our PCPs and specialists work together to coordinate your care by:
- Referring you to a preferred group of leading hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and home health and hospice agencies that collaborate with Atrius Health to effectively manage your care when and where you need it
- Participating in a system of information exchange with our preferred hospital partners to help them know when you are in the emergency room or are discharged from the hospital
- Collaborating with our care facilitators, case managers, clinical pharmacists, and others who have access to your medical record when needed and can provide special services to support your care
The questions and answers in this section will better explain questions about the referral process at Atrius Health.