- 2020 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Proud to Support COVID-19 Response at Boston Hope Medical Center
- Atrius Health Engages Kyruus to Advance Novel Digital Patient Access Initiatives
- Atrius Health and Firefly Health Announce Value-Based Care Affiliation
- Atrius Health’s Next Generation Accountable Care Organization Saves Medicare $14.8 million in second year of participation
- Atrius Health Welcomes Three New Clinicians to its Board of Trustees
- 2019 Press Releases
- Verily Partners with Veterans Administration Palo Alto Healthcare System and Atrius Health to Deploy Solutions for Improving Population Health and the Value of Care Delivery
- Atrius Health will be recognized as an “Allied Member” of The Permanente Federation
- Atrius Health reports $38.7M operating surplus for 2018
- Atrius Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Announce Deeper Collaboration to Transform Health Care Experience
- 2018 Press Releases
- Atrius Health’s Next Generation Accountable Care Organization Saves Medicare $19.9 million in first year of participation
- Atrius Health earns national recognition for commitment to improve high blood pressure
- Communication Regarding Ballot Question 1: Hospital Nurse Staffing Ratios
- Atrius Health Announces State Certification for New ACO Program
- Atrius Health Announces State Certification for New ACO Program
- 2017 Press Releases
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $10.4 million
- Medically home group launches the future of medical care, raises $4m in funding
- Tufts Health Plan Forms Masshealth Accountable Care Organization Partnerships With Four Provider Organizations
- Boston Surgery Center and Atrius Health Complete First Total Joint Replacement in a Massachusetts Free-Standing Surgery Center
- Two tested interventions help improve weight management in children with overweight or obesity
- Atrius Health Names Rachel Rosenblum Chief Operating Officer
- Atrius Health and IBM Watson Health Forge Partnership to Bring Cognitive Insights to Primary Care Physicians and Their Patients
- Atrius Health Expands into Greater Plymouth area by Welcoming PMG Physician Associates
- Atrius Health Joins CMS Next Generation Accountable Care Organization Model
- 2016 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Appoints Jennifer Derkazarian as Senior Director of Nursing
- Atrius Health Welcomes Patrick Holland as Chief Financial Officer
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $6.8 million
- Atrius Health’s David Green, MD Named the 2016 Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts “Physician of the Year”
- Harvard Pilgrim and Atrius Health team up to employ Boston Public School students
- VNA Care Network and VNA of Boston Named as HomeCare Elite 2015 Top Agencies
- VNA Care Network Foundation Rebranding as VNA Care
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Christopher Andreoli as Chief of Ophthalmology and Visual Services
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bonnie Hersh as Chief of Neurology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Louis Bley as Chief of Orthopedics and Hand Surgery
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Vandhana Sharda as Chief of Optometry
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Adam Smith as Chief of Pulmonology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bita Tabesh as Chief of Hematology/Oncology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Sean Uiterwyk Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence
- Atrius Health CEO Takes on Statewide Stigma Fight
- Atrius Health Welcomes Dr. Jane Fogg, Specialty Director of Internal Medicine and Population Health
- Atrius Health Unveils New Advertising and Rebranding Campaign as One Connected Healthcare System
- Atrius Health Recognized by CDC and CMS as Million Hearts 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Benjamin Kruskal as Chief of Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Kathy Niknejad as Chief of Urology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bradley Denker as Chief of Nephrology
- Labor Day Holiday Notice
- 2015 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Receives First-Place Accountable Care Compass Award from Massachusetts Hospital Association
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates welcomes Dr. Nicholas McAuley to its Chelmsford practice
- Harvard Vanguard Peabody Welcomes Dr. Susan Millet, DO
- Atrius Health Ranked Highest in Overall Score Among Massachusetts Pioneer ACOs
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Appoints Mary O’Neil as Kenmore Practice Administrator
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Appoints Linda Oliver as Wellesley Practice Site Administrator, West Region
- Atrius Health Names Geisinger Transformation Exec as New CEO
- Atrius Health Launches Innovation Center
- Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce Names Dedham Medical Associates Large Business of the Year at 121st Annual Meeting
- Atrius Health Joins National Health Care Organizations to Accelerate Transformation of U.S. Health Care System
- Atrius Health Groups to Merge
Atrius Health Welcomes Three New Clinicians to its Board of Trustees
January 2020 – Atrius Health is pleased to welcome Dr. Karen DaSilva, Dr. Bonnie Hersh and Dr. Kathy Niknejad as new members to its Board of Trustees, and announce the re-election of Dr. Joo Kim to the Board. Atrius Health physicians elect physician Trustees to the Board, representing Atrius Health’s commitment to the strength of provider-patient relationships and providing the right clinical care.
“Our incoming Board members exemplify the compassionate and coordinated care we strive to deliver each of our patients. They also offer impressive clinical leadership in primary and specialty care across our practice,” said Dr. Steve Strongwater, President & CEO of Atrius Health. “We are pleased to welcome new and existing members to the Board, and we look forward to working together to advance our mission to provide high-quality, patient-centered, and cost-effective care to everyone we serve.”
Karen DaSilva, MD – Dr. DaSilva has served as a primary care internist at Atrius Health’s Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Chelmsford practice since 1994. Over the years, she has taken on several leadership roles including Vice President of Innovation at Atrius Health. In this role, Dr. DaSilva was a driving force in developing improved care delivery models to meet the low-cost, high-quality care demands of the current healthcare environment. In addition, she served as the organization’s Specialty Director for Internal Medicine, where she oversaw the delivery of primary care across more than 20 practice sites.
Dr. DaSilva also served as Deputy Chief Medical Officer of Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, where she led the development of a new geriatric care model and several disease management programs. She spearheaded the practice’s early work in the development of a patient-centered medical home program, which ultimately led to Atrius Health’s primary care practices receiving Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Homes from The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), the highest possible national certification. She received her medical degree from Albany Medical College and completed her internship and residency at Albany Medical Center Hospital in New York. Dr. DaSilva is board-certified in internal medicine and hematology.
Bonnie Hersh, MD – As Chief of Neurology at Atrius Health, Dr. Hersh leads Atrius Health’s Neurology Department, which provides a complete range of general and subspecialty neurological care including comprehensive diagnosis, management and follow-up for the full spectrum of neurological needs. Dr. Hersh has worked at Atrius Health since 2000 when she joined its Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates practice. Dr. Hersh has a subspecialty interest in movement disorders and practices at the practice’s Boston Kenmore and Chelmsford sites. She is board-certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Dr. Hersh attended medical school at McGill University in Montreal and did her internship at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA. She completed her neurology residency at Harvard Medical School’s Harvard-Longwood Neurology Training Program. She then completed fellowship training in movement disorders at Boston Medical Center and neurophysiology/EMG at Massachusetts General Hospital. Prior to joining to Atrius Health, Dr. Hersh was on the neurology staff at Boston Medical Center.
Kathy Niknejad, MD – As Chief of Urology at Atrius Health, Dr. Niknejad leads Atrius Health’s Urology Department, which is devoted to treating a wide range of urologic conditions and strives to provide all patients with excellent and compassionate care. Dr. Niknejad has worked at Atrius Health since 2004 when she joined Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates’ Chestnut Hill / West Roxbury and Kenmore practices. After joining Harvard Vanguard, she served as its Surgical Specialties Medical Director for four years. During that time, she also served as the practice’s Chief of General Surgery and Urology.
Dr. Niknejad is a board-certified urologist. She received her undergraduate degree from San Diego State University in CA, and she graduated from Harvard Medical School. Dr. Niknejad completed her internship and residency at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and is an instructor in surgery at Harvard Medical School.
Joo Kim, MD – Dr. Kim serves as Associate Chair of Atrius Health’s internal medicine service line and has worked as a primary care internist at Atrius Health’s Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates’ practice in Watertown, MA since 2003. She enters her second term as a Board clinician trustee.
Dr. Kim received her medical degree from The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont, and completed her undergraduate education at Brown University. She completed her internship and residency at Cambridge Hospital in Massachusetts and is board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine.