- 2019 Press Releases
- 2018 Press Releases
- Atrius Health’s Next Generation Accountable Care Organization Saves Medicare $19.9 million in first year of participation
- Atrius Health earns national recognition for commitment to improve high blood pressure
- Communication Regarding Ballot Question 1: Hospital Nurse Staffing Ratios
- Atrius Health Announces State Certification for New ACO Program
- Atrius Health Announces State Certification for New ACO Program
- 2017 Press Releases
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $10.4 million
- Medically home group launches the future of medical care, raises $4m in funding
- Tufts Health Plan Forms Masshealth Accountable Care Organization Partnerships With Four Provider Organizations
- Boston Surgery Center and Atrius Health Complete First Total Joint Replacement in a Massachusetts Free-Standing Surgery Center
- Two tested interventions help improve weight management in children with overweight or obesity
- Atrius Health Names Rachel Rosenblum Chief Operating Officer
- Atrius Health and IBM Watson Health Forge Partnership to Bring Cognitive Insights to Primary Care Physicians and Their Patients
- Atrius Health Expands into Greater Plymouth area by Welcoming PMG Physician Associates
- Atrius Health Joins CMS Next Generation Accountable Care Organization Model
- 2016 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Appoints Jennifer Derkazarian as Senior Director of Nursing
- Atrius Health Welcomes Patrick Holland as Chief Financial Officer
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $6.8 million
- Atrius Health’s David Green, MD Named the 2016 Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts “Physician of the Year”
- Harvard Pilgrim and Atrius Health team up to employ Boston Public School students
- VNA Care Network and VNA of Boston Named as HomeCare Elite 2015 Top Agencies
- VNA Care Network Foundation Rebranding as VNA Care
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Christopher Andreoli as Chief of Ophthalmology and Visual Services
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bonnie Hersh as Chief of Neurology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Louis Bley as Chief of Orthopedics and Hand Surgery
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Vandhana Sharda as Chief of Optometry
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Adam Smith as Chief of Pulmonology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bita Tabesh as Chief of Hematology/Oncology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Sean Uiterwyk Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence
- Atrius Health CEO Takes on Statewide Stigma Fight
- Atrius Health Welcomes Dr. Jane Fogg, Specialty Director of Internal Medicine and Population Health
- Atrius Health Unveils New Advertising and Rebranding Campaign as One Connected Healthcare System
- Atrius Health Recognized by CDC and CMS as Million Hearts 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Benjamin Kruskal as Chief of Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Kathy Niknejad as Chief of Urology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bradley Denker as Chief of Nephrology
- Labor Day Holiday Notice
- 2015 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Receives First-Place Accountable Care Compass Award from Massachusetts Hospital Association
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates welcomes Dr. Nicholas McAuley to its Chelmsford practice
- Harvard Vanguard Peabody Welcomes Dr. Susan Millet, DO
- Atrius Health Ranked Highest in Overall Score Among Massachusetts Pioneer ACOs
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Appoints Mary O’Neil as Kenmore Practice Administrator
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Appoints Linda Oliver as Wellesley Practice Site Administrator, West Region
- Atrius Health Names Geisinger Transformation Exec as New CEO
- Atrius Health Launches Innovation Center
- Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce Names Dedham Medical Associates Large Business of the Year at 121st Annual Meeting
- Atrius Health Joins National Health Care Organizations to Accelerate Transformation of U.S. Health Care System
- Atrius Health Groups to Merge
Watertown, MA, August 18, 2017 – The Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) recently announced that Tufts Health Plan has signed contracts to form Medicaid (MassHealth) Accountable Care Organization (ACO) partnerships with four provider organizations: Atrius Health, Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization, Cambridge Health Alliance, and Boston Children’s Hospital Accountable Care Organization.
The new ACOs feature a value‐based payment structure for providers who had largely been paid fee for service for MassHealth members in the past. For members, this means the opportunity to receive medical, behavioral, dental and long-term support services in an integrated model of care. This will improve quality of care, the member experience, and potentially help stabilize Medicaid costs in Massachusetts.
“We support the Commonwealth’s goal of providing integrated health care to MassHealth members that is more efficient and improves their overall health,” said Tom Croswell, president and CEO of Tufts Health Plan. “We have partnered with four highly-regarded provider groups, all of whom share our vision of what collaboration and highly coordinated care can look like.”
Continued Croswell: “Tufts Health Plan has an excellent reputation for our collaborative approaches with providers. We’ve been working with value-based contracts for more than 20+ years, starting in our Medicare Advantage plans. We know first-hand that working closely with providers on coordinating care results in healthier members. We’re excited to broaden our success and bring this approach to our Medicaid members.”
MassHealth ACO transformation is a major component in the state’s five-year innovative 1115 Medicaid waiver from the federal government, which allows Massachusetts to restructure the current health care delivery system for 1.9 million MassHealth members.
Tufts Health Plan’s ACO partners are:
- Atrius Health, which provides high quality, patient-centered and coordinated care to more than 740,000 adult and pediatric patients in eastern and central Massachusetts.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization, a value-based physician and hospital network that partners with providers to improve quality of care while effectively managing medical expenses.
- Boston Children’s Hospital Accountable Care Organization is an ACO comprising Boston Children’s Hospital and its affiliated primary and specialty care physicians. Boston Children’s Hospital is the No. 1 ranked Children’s Hospital in the nation and is a 415-bed comprehensive center for pediatric and adolescent health care.
- Cambridge Health Alliance, an academic community health system committed to providing high quality care in Cambridge, Somerville and Boston’s metro-north communities. CHA has expertise in primary care, specialty care and mental health/substance use services, as well as caring for diverse and complex populations.
Tufts Health Plan is nationally recognized for its commitment to providing innovative, high-quality health care coverage. Staying true to our mission of improving the health and wellness of the diverse communities we serve, we touch the lives of more than 1.1 million members in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New Hampshire through employer-sponsored plans; Medicare; Medicaid and Marketplace plans, offering health insurance coverage across the life span regardless of age or circumstance.