- 2019 Press Releases
- Verily Partners with Veterans Administration Palo Alto Healthcare System and Atrius Health to Deploy Solutions for Improving Population Health and the Value of Care Delivery
- Atrius Health will be recognized as an “Allied Member” of The Permanente Federation
- Atrius Health reports $38.7M operating surplus for 2018
- Atrius Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Announce Deeper Collaboration to Transform Health Care Experience
- 2018 Press Releases
- Atrius Health’s Next Generation Accountable Care Organization Saves Medicare $19.9 million in first year of participation
- Atrius Health earns national recognition for commitment to improve high blood pressure
- Communication Regarding Ballot Question 1: Hospital Nurse Staffing Ratios
- Atrius Health Announces State Certification for New ACO Program
- Atrius Health Announces State Certification for New ACO Program
- 2017 Press Releases
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $10.4 million
- Medically home group launches the future of medical care, raises $4m in funding
- Tufts Health Plan Forms Masshealth Accountable Care Organization Partnerships With Four Provider Organizations
- Boston Surgery Center and Atrius Health Complete First Total Joint Replacement in a Massachusetts Free-Standing Surgery Center
- Two tested interventions help improve weight management in children with overweight or obesity
- Atrius Health Names Rachel Rosenblum Chief Operating Officer
- Atrius Health and IBM Watson Health Forge Partnership to Bring Cognitive Insights to Primary Care Physicians and Their Patients
- Atrius Health Expands into Greater Plymouth area by Welcoming PMG Physician Associates
- Atrius Health Joins CMS Next Generation Accountable Care Organization Model
- 2016 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Appoints Jennifer Derkazarian as Senior Director of Nursing
- Atrius Health Welcomes Patrick Holland as Chief Financial Officer
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $6.8 million
- Atrius Health’s David Green, MD Named the 2016 Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts “Physician of the Year”
- Harvard Pilgrim and Atrius Health team up to employ Boston Public School students
- VNA Care Network and VNA of Boston Named as HomeCare Elite 2015 Top Agencies
- VNA Care Network Foundation Rebranding as VNA Care
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Christopher Andreoli as Chief of Ophthalmology and Visual Services
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bonnie Hersh as Chief of Neurology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Louis Bley as Chief of Orthopedics and Hand Surgery
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Vandhana Sharda as Chief of Optometry
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Adam Smith as Chief of Pulmonology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bita Tabesh as Chief of Hematology/Oncology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Sean Uiterwyk Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence
- Atrius Health CEO Takes on Statewide Stigma Fight
- Atrius Health Welcomes Dr. Jane Fogg, Specialty Director of Internal Medicine and Population Health
- Atrius Health Unveils New Advertising and Rebranding Campaign as One Connected Healthcare System
- Atrius Health Recognized by CDC and CMS as Million Hearts 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Benjamin Kruskal as Chief of Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Kathy Niknejad as Chief of Urology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bradley Denker as Chief of Nephrology
- Labor Day Holiday Notice
- 2015 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Receives First-Place Accountable Care Compass Award from Massachusetts Hospital Association
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates welcomes Dr. Nicholas McAuley to its Chelmsford practice
- Harvard Vanguard Peabody Welcomes Dr. Susan Millet, DO
- Atrius Health Ranked Highest in Overall Score Among Massachusetts Pioneer ACOs
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Appoints Mary O’Neil as Kenmore Practice Administrator
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Appoints Linda Oliver as Wellesley Practice Site Administrator, West Region
- Atrius Health Names Geisinger Transformation Exec as New CEO
- Atrius Health Launches Innovation Center
- Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce Names Dedham Medical Associates Large Business of the Year at 121st Annual Meeting
- Atrius Health Joins National Health Care Organizations to Accelerate Transformation of U.S. Health Care System
- Atrius Health Groups to Merge
MEDICALLY HOME GROUP LAUNCHES THE FUTURE OF MEDICAL CARE, RAISES $4M IN FUNDING
Program Redefines How Acutely Ill Patients are Treated at Home for Improved Recovery from Illness
Westport, CT – Oct. 3, 2017 – Today, Medically Home Group, a healthcare technology and services company committed to the transformation of patient care delivery, announced its launch with Atrius Health, an innovative healthcare leader caring for 740,000 patients in eastern Massachusetts, its subsidiary VNA Care, and $4M in Series A funding. The round was led by a large health benefits company, with an additional $2M raised and participation from other investors including Connecticut Innovations. The company is using the funds to deliver its scalable clinical program that unlocks the home as a safe site for advanced medical care.
Medically Home Group provides all the necessary tools and services to allow medical providers to safely-shift advanced medical care from hospitals to patients’ homes. The 30-day Medically Home Program is designed to ensure a full patient recovery and reduce the possibility of a preventable acute medical event.
The Medically Home Program is designed and operated with patients and family needs as its highest priority. Patients want to recover from illness at home, which aligns with robust supportive clinical research on outcomes. Importantly, Medically Home Group believes patients want medical care brought to them – when and where they want and need it. Medically Home Group is a people-driven enterprise that enables care delivery transformation by intelligently deploying clinicians, technology, equipment, medication and supplies to the homes of selected acutely ill patients.
“Healthcare delivery is trying to catch up to Amazon, Uber and other sectors of our economy that have validated a consumer-driven value proposition. We believe the time is right for us to shift our focus and innovation from what care we deliver to where and how we deliver it,” said Richard Rakowski, CEO of Medically Home Group. “Medically Home Group is poised to change the way advanced medical care is delivered by using proven technology and expertise that brings hospital-level treatment for selected patients to homes.
Rakowski’s 39-year career includes both public and private company leadership roles, spanning across healthcare services, and entrepreneurial start-ups. Rakowski previously served as president of American Healthways (now Healthways Inc.). His passion for transforming medical care is heavily influenced by his personal family history and experience.
Founded by a team of proven physician leaders, senior healthcare executives and engineers with experience in healthcare system challenges, Medically Home Group is positioned to deliver a new form of medical care that would otherwise be provided by a hospital.
"Atrius Health's mission is to ensure that our patients receive high quality, safe care in the right setting. For those of our patients who would otherwise be admitted to a hospital and are appropriate for the Medically Home Program, we are delighted to be able to provide them with this level of care in their own home," explained Steve Strongwater, MD, President and CEO of Atrius Health. 'The clinical care model that Atrius Health, VNA Care, and Medically Home Group are developing together also allows for a period of better stabilizing the patient's health that is not possible in the hospital setting."
The United States consumes 17.8 percent of its GDP on healthcare according to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Medically Home Group sets out to disrupt the $1 trillion U.S. hospital market by removing the unsustainable high fixed costs sites of care from its model and marrying today’s technology and innovation with a strong human touch.
About Medically Home Group
Medically Home Group is a technology-enabled services company that provides all the necessary tools to allow medical providers to safely-shift advanced medical care from hospitals to patients’ homes. Through their commitment to creating superior experiences and outcomes for patients, their families and other healthcare stakeholders, Medically Home Group is leading the charge for healthcare delivery innovation. For more information on Medically Home Group, please visit https://www.medicallyhome.com/
About Atrius Health
Atrius Health, an innovative nonprofit healthcare leader, delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 740,000 adult and pediatric patients in eastern and central Massachusetts. Atrius Health’s 36 medical practices, with more than 50 specialties and 900 physicians, work together with the home health and hospice services of its VNA Care subsidiary and in close collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities. Atrius Health provides high-quality, patient-centered, coordinated care to every patient it serves. Establishing a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding and trust with each of its patients, Atrius Health enriches their health and enhances their lives.
Janelle Dickerson, Zeno Group