- 2019 Press Releases
- 2018 Press Releases
- 2017 Press Releases
- 2016 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Appoints Jennifer Derkazarian as Senior Director of Nursing
- Atrius Health Welcomes Patrick Holland as Chief Financial Officer
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $6.8 million
- Atrius Health’s David Green, MD Named the 2016 Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts “Physician of the Year”
- Harvard Pilgrim and Atrius Health team up to employ Boston Public School students
- VNA Care Network and VNA of Boston Named as HomeCare Elite 2015 Top Agencies
- VNA Care Network Foundation Rebranding as VNA Care
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Christopher Andreoli as Chief of Ophthalmology and Visual Services
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bonnie Hersh as Chief of Neurology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Louis Bley as Chief of Orthopedics and Hand Surgery
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Vandhana Sharda as Chief of Optometry
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Adam Smith as Chief of Pulmonology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bita Tabesh as Chief of Hematology/Oncology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Sean Uiterwyk Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence
- Atrius Health CEO Takes on Statewide Stigma Fight
- Atrius Health Welcomes Dr. Jane Fogg, Specialty Director of Internal Medicine and Population Health
- Atrius Health Unveils New Advertising and Rebranding Campaign as One Connected Healthcare System
- Atrius Health Recognized by CDC and CMS as Million Hearts 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Benjamin Kruskal as Chief of Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Kathy Niknejad as Chief of Urology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bradley Denker as Chief of Nephrology
- Labor Day Holiday Notice
- 2015 Press Releases
VNA Care Network Foundation Rebranding as VNA Care
Boston/Worcester (June 2016) - VNA Care Network Foundation, one of the Commonwealth’s largest non-profit home health and hospice providers, and a subsidiary of Atrius Health, serving more than 50,000 patients each year, has announced today a name change to VNA Care. Founded by Massachusetts’ most established and trusted home care and hospice organizations: VNA Care Network & Hospice, VNA of Boston, and VNA Hospice Care; VNA Care has the capabilities and resources to deliver a full range of home health, hospice, and community services to patients of all ages and health care needs.
VNA Care Network, VNA of Boston, and the division to be known as VNA Hospice & Palliative Care remain intact, but now have a new shared parent name that collectively refers to the entire continuum of care available through VNA Care’s divisions. With the same locations, leadership and staff as they have today, each of these three divisions will continue to provide the excellent quality of care the community has come to know over the past 130 years.
The change in name reflects VNA Care’s commitment to coordinating care across the continuum for patients through all stages of life. The new look and name more accurately represents the services available to patients and the community and will help to facilitate and coordinate referrals with other health care providers.
VNA Care has redefined the way care is delivered in the home, incorporating technology and advanced, clinical care practice to meet the needs of today’s home care patient. Home care clinicians are able to care for a new mom bringing home a baby that was born prematurely; a 30-year-old recovering from knee surgery who opted to avoid a stint in a rehab facility; and an elderly patient in an assisted living community managing multiple medications. Through its three hospice homes and ability to provide palliative and hospice care wherever the patient lives, our staff supports those facing the challenges of a terminal illness. These are just a few of the scenarios VNA Care faces each day.
“Ensuring the best possible outcome for our patients and local communities is at the center of all that we do. We want to ensure that our name evokes that sense in the minds of the communities in which we serve,” said Mary Ann O’Connor, VNA Care President and CEO. “Even though our organization is large, covering all of Eastern and Central Massachusetts, we are the legacy of these non-profit VNAs that have been championing the well-being of patients in those local communities for 130 years.”
Over the next few months VNA Care will introduce their new brand, which includes a new look that conveys their commitment to compassionate care for the family of divisions on letterhead, websites, business cards, and marketing materials.
“We are confident that our new look will help create for us, as well as our referral sources, patients and the community a strong positive brand,” stated O’Connor. “A brand that reinforces our commitment to coordinating care across the continuum – for all ages and health care needs – so that our patients and their families have peace of mind and, most importantly, can live independently at home.”
About VNA Care
As the Commonwealth’s largest home health and hospice provider, VNA Care serves more than 50,000 patients each year. Founded by Massachusetts’ most established and trusted home care organizations, VNA Care Network & Hospice, VNA of Boston, and VNA Hospice Care; VNA Care has the capabilities and resources to deliver a full range of home health, hospice, and community services to patients of all ages and health care needs. VNA Care, a subsidiary of Atrius Health, focuses on promoting the health and well-being of patients and families by providing high-quality, cost-effective health care to vulnerable individuals in their homes and communities. To learn more about VNA Care, visit: www.VNAcare.org.
About Atrius Health
Atrius Health, an innovative nonprofit healthcare leader, delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 675,000 adult and pediatric patients in eastern and central Massachusetts. Atrius Health’s 29 medical practices, with more than 35 specialties and 750 physicians, work together with the home health and hospice services of its VNA Care subsidiary and in close collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities. Atrius Health provides high-quality, patient-centered, coordinated care to every patient it serves. By establishing a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding and trust with each of its patients, Atrius Health enriches their health and enhances their lives.