- 2019 Press Releases
- 2018 Press Releases
- 2017 Press Releases
- 2016 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Appoints Jennifer Derkazarian as Senior Director of Nursing
- Atrius Health Welcomes Patrick Holland as Chief Financial Officer
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $6.8 million
- Atrius Health’s David Green, MD Named the 2016 Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts “Physician of the Year”
- Harvard Pilgrim and Atrius Health team up to employ Boston Public School students
- VNA Care Network and VNA of Boston Named as HomeCare Elite 2015 Top Agencies
- VNA Care Network Foundation Rebranding as VNA Care
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Christopher Andreoli as Chief of Ophthalmology and Visual Services
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bonnie Hersh as Chief of Neurology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Louis Bley as Chief of Orthopedics and Hand Surgery
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Vandhana Sharda as Chief of Optometry
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Adam Smith as Chief of Pulmonology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bita Tabesh as Chief of Hematology/Oncology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Sean Uiterwyk Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence
- Atrius Health CEO Takes on Statewide Stigma Fight
- Atrius Health Welcomes Dr. Jane Fogg, Specialty Director of Internal Medicine and Population Health
- Atrius Health Unveils New Advertising and Rebranding Campaign as One Connected Healthcare System
- Atrius Health Recognized by CDC and CMS as Million Hearts 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Benjamin Kruskal as Chief of Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Kathy Niknejad as Chief of Urology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bradley Denker as Chief of Nephrology
- Labor Day Holiday Notice
- 2015 Press Releases
Harvard Pilgrim and Atrius Health team up to employ Boston Public School students
Supporting Mayor’s Summer Jobs Campaign for the third year
Wellesley and Newton, MA (July 13, 2016) - Harvard Pilgrim and Atrius Health are working together to employ several Boston Public School high school students for the summer as part of the Mayor Marty Walsh’s Summer Jobs Campaign. The students, who attend Boston Green Academy, John D. O’Bryant School of Mathematics & Science and New Mission High School, will be performing administrative duties at Atrius Health’s three Harvard Vanguard medical practice locations in Boston with Harvard Pilgrim providing the funding to make this possible.
The Mayor’s Summer Jobs Campaign is a partnership with the Boston Private Industry Council that connects urban teens with private-sector employers. The goal of the program is to help teens develop positive work habits and greater career aspirations.
“We are proud to fund employment for these students,” said Eric H. Schultz, president and CEO of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. “This is a great opportunity for them to learn not only about the world of work but also about health care operations and roles. We thank our colleagues at Atrius Health for providing this experience for the students.”
“We are delighted to be providing Boston teens an opportunity to gain some valuable job experience this summer,” said Elyse Kaplan, Chief People Officer of Atrius Health. “We want to offer a pathway to explore future career opportunities and become a part of our talented Massachusetts workforce.”
About Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim is a not-for-profit health services company that, along with its subsidiaries, is improving the well-being of its 2.7 million customers. Harvard Pilgrim’s flagship health plans in New England provide health coverage to 1.3 million members, while another 1.4 million individuals are served through Health Plans, Inc., a subsidiary that provides integrated care management, health coaching and plan administration solutions to self-funded employers nationwide. Founded in 1969, Harvard Pilgrim has built its reputation on innovation and collaboration with a goal of lowering health care costs, improving care and enhancing the overall member experience. It is known for its excellent clinical programs, customer service, health improvement strategies and innovative tools that offer consumers greater transparency and empower them to make better decisions about their health care. Harvard Pilgrim is home to the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, a unique collaboration with Harvard Medical School. As Harvard Medical School’s Department of Population Medicine, the Institute is the only appointing department of a U.S. medical school housed within a health plan. Funded primarily through external government and private sources, it provides critical information to all levels of our health care system on issues affecting population health and health care delivery. Harvard Pilgrim is consistently among America’s highest-rated health plans according to an annual ranking of the nation’s best health plans by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)*.
*Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is currently rated 5 out of 5 for its private HMO/POS and PPO plans and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of New England is currently rated 4.5 out of 5 for its private HMO/POS plans in NCQA’s Private Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2015-16. NCQA’s Private Health Insurance Plan Rankings, 2011-15, HMO/POS/PPO.
About Atrius Health
Atrius Health, an innovative nonprofit healthcare leader, delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 675,000 adult and pediatric patients in eastern and central Massachusetts. Atrius Health's 29 medical practices, with more than 35 specialties and 750 physicians, work together with the home health and hospice services of its VNA Care subsidiary and in close collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities. Atrius Health provides high-quality, patient-centered, coordinated care to every patient it serves. By establishing a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding and trust with each of its patients, Atrius Health enriches their health and enhances their lives.