- 2019 Press Releases
- 2018 Press Releases
- 2017 Press Releases
- 2016 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Appoints Jennifer Derkazarian as Senior Director of Nursing
- Atrius Health Welcomes Patrick Holland as Chief Financial Officer
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $6.8 million
- Atrius Health’s David Green, MD Named the 2016 Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts “Physician of the Year”
- Harvard Pilgrim and Atrius Health team up to employ Boston Public School students
- VNA Care Network and VNA of Boston Named as HomeCare Elite 2015 Top Agencies
- VNA Care Network Foundation Rebranding as VNA Care
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Christopher Andreoli as Chief of Ophthalmology and Visual Services
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bonnie Hersh as Chief of Neurology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Louis Bley as Chief of Orthopedics and Hand Surgery
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Vandhana Sharda as Chief of Optometry
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Adam Smith as Chief of Pulmonology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bita Tabesh as Chief of Hematology/Oncology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Sean Uiterwyk Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence
- Atrius Health CEO Takes on Statewide Stigma Fight
- Atrius Health Welcomes Dr. Jane Fogg, Specialty Director of Internal Medicine and Population Health
- Atrius Health Unveils New Advertising and Rebranding Campaign as One Connected Healthcare System
- Atrius Health Recognized by CDC and CMS as Million Hearts 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Benjamin Kruskal as Chief of Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Kathy Niknejad as Chief of Urology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bradley Denker as Chief of Nephrology
- Labor Day Holiday Notice
- 2015 Press Releases
Atrius Health Recognized by CDC and CMS as Million Hearts® 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
Newton, MA (May 6, 2016) - Million Hearts®, a national initiative led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), recognized Atrius Health as a winner of its 2015 Hypertension Control Challenge. Atrius Health is one of 18 Hypertension Control Champions nationwide and one of two health systems in Massachusetts recognized this year for its evidence-based strategies to help patients achieve blood pressure control rates at or above 70 percent.
"Partnering with our patients to control their blood pressure using a coordinated, team-based approach bolstered by our innovations in health information technology aligns perfectly with our patient-centered philosophy of delivering high-quality preventative care," said Dr. Sean Uiterwyk, Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence at Atrius Health. "We are honored to receive this recognition from Million Hearts® that shows the continued dedication of our staff and clinical care teams to ensuring the long-term health of our patients."
According to the CDC, high blood pressure, also called hypertension, is a leading cause of heart disease and stroke, which are the first and fifth leading causes of death in the United States. Nearly one in three American adults has high blood pressure, but only about half of people with the condition have it under control. To encourage effective blood pressure management among health systems nationwide, Million Hearts® has recognized hypertension control champions since 2012.
"We are excited to host this Challenge and showcase successful strategies used by our 2015 Champions to keep blood pressure under control, prevent heart attacks and strokes, and save lives," said Janet Wright, M.D., FACC, a board-certified cardiologist and executive director of Million Hearts®. "Health Care teams can follow our Champions' lead to take steps to identify patients in their practice who are at risk for or who have high blood pressure and connect them to the care they need."
For a full list of this year's Hypertension Control Champions and more information on the Hypertension Control Challenge, please visit the Million Hearts® announcement on the CDC website.
About Atrius Health
Atrius Health, an innovative nonprofit healthcare leader, delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 675,000 adult and pediatric patients in eastern and central Massachusetts. Atrius Health's 29 medical practices, with more than 35 specialties and 750 physicians, work together with the home health and hospice services of its VNA Care subsidiary and in close collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities. Atrius Health provides high-quality, patient-centered, coordinated care to every patient it serves. By establishing a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding and trust with each with each of its patients, Atrius Health enriches their health and enhances their lives. Learn more about Atrius Health at www.atriushealth.org.
About Million Hearts®
Million Hearts® is a national initiative to prevent 1 million heart attacks and strokes. Million Hearts® brings together communities, health systems, nonprofit organizations, federal agencies, and private-sector partners from across the country to fight heart disease and stroke.