- 2018 Press Releases
- 2017 Press Releases
- 2016 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Appoints Jennifer Derkazarian as Senior Director of Nursing
- Atrius Health Welcomes Patrick Holland as Chief Financial Officer
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $6.8 million
- Atrius Health’s David Green, MD Named the 2016 Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts “Physician of the Year”
- Harvard Pilgrim and Atrius Health team up to employ Boston Public School students
- VNA Care Network and VNA of Boston Named as HomeCare Elite 2015 Top Agencies
- VNA Care Network Foundation Rebranding as VNA Care
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Christopher Andreoli as Chief of Ophthalmology and Visual Services
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bonnie Hersh as Chief of Neurology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Louis Bley as Chief of Orthopedics and Hand Surgery
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Vandhana Sharda as Chief of Optometry
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Adam Smith as Chief of Pulmonology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bita Tabesh as Chief of Hematology/Oncology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Sean Uiterwyk Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence
- Atrius Health CEO Takes on Statewide Stigma Fight
- Atrius Health Welcomes Dr. Jane Fogg, Specialty Director of Internal Medicine and Population Health
- Atrius Health Unveils New Advertising and Rebranding Campaign as One Connected Healthcare System
- Atrius Health Recognized by CDC and CMS as Million Hearts 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Benjamin Kruskal as Chief of Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Kathy Niknejad as Chief of Urology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bradley Denker as Chief of Nephrology
- Labor Day Holiday Notice
- 2015 Press Releases
Atrius Health Names Dr. Sean Uiterwyk
Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence
Newton, MA (June 14, 2016) - Atrius Health is pleased to announce that Dr. Sean Uiterwyk has been promoted to Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence. In this role, Dr. Uiterwyk will co-lead the Department of Performance Excellence to create a coherent, coordinated strategy to promote clinical performance excellence across Atrius Health's primary, specialty, and ancillary care services. Dr. Uiterwyk joined Atrius Health in 2015 as Medical Director for Quality and he continues to lead organizational initiatives aimed at providing quality care and maximizing patient satisfaction across all practices. He also practices at Atrius Health's Harvard Vanguard Wellesley office.
Before joining Atrius Health, Dr. Uiterwyk practiced at the White River Family Practice (WRFP) in Vermont where he oversaw quality improvement and population health initiatives. As a partner at WRFP, Dr. Uiterwyk led the group's participation in the Vermont Blueprint for Health and the Vermont Collaborative Physicians Accountable Care Organization. He was also the primary investigator on a Vermont State Innovation Model (SIM) grant awarded to his practice for examining novel methods to redesign chronic disease management processes, reduce emergency department utilization and hospital readmission rates and evaluate patient reported health confidence. In addition, Dr. Uiterwyk was part of the leadership team recognized with the HIMSS Davies Award for their outstanding achievement in utilization of health information technology to improve patient outcomes. Prior to joining WRFP, Dr. Uiterwyk was a staff physician at Ottauquechee Health Center and Mt. Ascutney Hospital in Woodstock, Vermont.
Dr. Uiterwyk received his bachelor's degree at Boston College, attended medical school at Loyola University and completed his training and was chief resident at Brown University's Family Medicine Residency. He has been involved in medical education at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and is a clinical assistant professor of community and family medicine. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Dr. Uiterwyk lives in Dover, MA.
About Atrius Health
Atrius Health, an innovative nonprofit healthcare leader, delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 675,000 adult and pediatric patients in eastern and central Massachusetts. Atrius Health's 29 medical practices, with more than 50 specialties and 725 physicians, work together with the home health and hospice services of its VNA Care subsidiary and in close collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities. Atrius Health provides high-quality, patient-centered, coordinated care to every patient it serves. By establishing a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding and trust with each with each of its patients, Atrius Health enriches their health and enhances their lives.