- 2019 Press Releases
- 2018 Press Releases
- 2017 Press Releases
- 2016 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Appoints Jennifer Derkazarian as Senior Director of Nursing
- Atrius Health Welcomes Patrick Holland as Chief Financial Officer
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $6.8 million
- Atrius Health’s David Green, MD Named the 2016 Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts “Physician of the Year”
- Harvard Pilgrim and Atrius Health team up to employ Boston Public School students
- VNA Care Network and VNA of Boston Named as HomeCare Elite 2015 Top Agencies
- VNA Care Network Foundation Rebranding as VNA Care
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Christopher Andreoli as Chief of Ophthalmology and Visual Services
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bonnie Hersh as Chief of Neurology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Louis Bley as Chief of Orthopedics and Hand Surgery
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Vandhana Sharda as Chief of Optometry
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Adam Smith as Chief of Pulmonology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bita Tabesh as Chief of Hematology/Oncology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Sean Uiterwyk Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence
- Atrius Health CEO Takes on Statewide Stigma Fight
- Atrius Health Welcomes Dr. Jane Fogg, Specialty Director of Internal Medicine and Population Health
- Atrius Health Unveils New Advertising and Rebranding Campaign as One Connected Healthcare System
- Atrius Health Recognized by CDC and CMS as Million Hearts 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Benjamin Kruskal as Chief of Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Kathy Niknejad as Chief of Urology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bradley Denker as Chief of Nephrology
- Labor Day Holiday Notice
- 2015 Press Releases
Atrius Health Names Dr. Benjamin Kruskal as Chief of Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine
Newton, MA (May 11, 2016) - Atrius Health is pleased to announce that Dr. Benjamin Kruskal has been named as the organization’s Chief of Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine. Dr. Kruskal has worked at Atrius Health since 1997 when he joined its Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates practice as a pediatrician. As Chief, Dr. Kruskal will lead the Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine team, which offers consultation for complex infectious problems and provides longitudinal care for patients with chronic infections such as HIV.
Dr. Kruskal became Director of Infection Control and Travel Medicine for Harvard Vanguard in 2000 and served as Chief of Pediatrics at Harvard Vanguard’s Somerville office from 2006-2010. In 2012, Dr. Kruskal broadened his role to Chief of Infectious Disease.
The author of over 20 peer-reviewed publications and a book chapter, Dr. Kruskal has earned a number of awards, including the Maxwell Finland Young Investigator Award of the Massachusetts Infectious Disease Society. He has also served on various committees working on different aspects of disaster and pandemic plans on behalf of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and currently serves on the Vaccine Purchasing Advisory Committee.
Dr. Kruskal is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and attended medical school at New York University, graduating with a PhD in cell biology in addition to his MD. He completed his pediatric residency and pediatric infectious disease fellowship at Boston City Hospital (now Boston Medical Center). Dr. Kruskal resides in Newton, MA.
About Atrius Health
Atrius Health, an innovative nonprofit healthcare leader, delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 675,000 adult and pediatric patients in eastern and central Massachusetts. Atrius Health's 29 medical practices, with more than 35 specialties and 750 physicians, work together with the home health and hospice services of its VNA Care subsidiary and in close collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities. Atrius Health provides high-quality, patient-centered, coordinated care to every patient it serves. By establishing a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding and trust with each of its patients, Atrius Health enriches their health and enhances their lives.