- 2018 Press Releases
- 2017 Press Releases
- 2016 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Appoints Jennifer Derkazarian as Senior Director of Nursing
- Atrius Health Welcomes Patrick Holland as Chief Financial Officer
- Atrius Health’s Pioneer ACO achieves over 95 percent quality score and saves Medicare $6.8 million
- Atrius Health’s David Green, MD Named the 2016 Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts “Physician of the Year”
- Harvard Pilgrim and Atrius Health team up to employ Boston Public School students
- VNA Care Network and VNA of Boston Named as HomeCare Elite 2015 Top Agencies
- VNA Care Network Foundation Rebranding as VNA Care
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Christopher Andreoli as Chief of Ophthalmology and Visual Services
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bonnie Hersh as Chief of Neurology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Louis Bley as Chief of Orthopedics and Hand Surgery
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Vandhana Sharda as Chief of Optometry
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Adam Smith as Chief of Pulmonology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bita Tabesh as Chief of Hematology/Oncology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Sean Uiterwyk Senior Medical Director for Performance Excellence
- Atrius Health CEO Takes on Statewide Stigma Fight
- Atrius Health Welcomes Dr. Jane Fogg, Specialty Director of Internal Medicine and Population Health
- Atrius Health Unveils New Advertising and Rebranding Campaign as One Connected Healthcare System
- Atrius Health Recognized by CDC and CMS as Million Hearts 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Benjamin Kruskal as Chief of Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Kathy Niknejad as Chief of Urology
- Atrius Health Names Dr. Bradley Denker as Chief of Nephrology
- Labor Day Holiday Notice
- 2015 Press Releases
Atrius Health Names Dr. Adam Smith as Chief of Pulmonology
Newton, MA (June 21, 2016) - Atrius Health is pleased to announce that Dr. Adam Smith has been named as the organization’s Chief of Pulmonology. He has worked at Atrius Health since 2015. As Chief, Dr. Smith will lead the Pulmonology Department, which is dedicated to improving the lives of patients with lung disease by providing compassionate care. The department focuses on respiratory conditions including obstructive lung diseases such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Dr. Smith practices at the Somerville office of Atrius Health’s Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates practice as well as its Boston Kenmore office located near Fenway. Before joining Atrius Health, he was in clinical practice at Harbor Medical Associates and South Shore Hospital since 2010, and served as Chief of Pulmonology at South Shore Hospital.
Dr. Smith has devoted a great deal of his office practice towards caring for patients suffering from COPD. In the hospital setting, he has spent time working in the intensive care unit and consulting on pulmonary patients. Dr. Smith brings a holistic approach to the care of patients with respiratory conditions and addresses the comorbidities, such as anxiety, depression, and nutrition, which play a major role in the care of pulmonary patients. Beyond that, he has a clinical interest in lung cancer diagnosis and staging, as well as the care of patients with interstitial lung disease.
Dr. Smith attended Tufts University where he received a degree in biochemistry and then graduated from NYU School of Medicine. He completed a residency in internal medicine and pediatrics and a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at St. Vincent's Hospital in New York City.
Dr. Smith resides in Swampscott, MA
About Atrius Health
Atrius Health, an innovative nonprofit healthcare leader, delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 675,000 adult and pediatric patients in eastern and central Massachusetts. Atrius Health's 29 medical practices, with more than 35 specialties and 750 physicians, work together with the home health and hospice services of its VNA Care subsidiary and in close collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities. Atrius Health provides high-quality, patient-centered, coordinated care to every patient it serves. By establishing a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding and trust with each of its patients, Atrius Health enriches their health and enhances their lives.