- 2018 Press Releases
- 2017 Press Releases
- 2016 Press Releases
- 2015 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Receives First-Place Accountable Care Compass Award from Massachusetts Hospital Association
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates welcomes Dr. Nicholas McAuley to its Chelmsford practice
- Harvard Vanguard Peabody Welcomes Dr. Susan Millet, DO
- Atrius Health Ranked Highest in Overall Score Among Massachusetts Pioneer ACOs
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Appoints Mary O’Neil as Kenmore Practice Administrator
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Appoints Linda Oliver as Wellesley Practice Site Administrator, West Region
- Atrius Health Names Geisinger Transformation Exec as New CEO
- Atrius Health Launches Innovation Center
- Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce Names Dedham Medical Associates Large Business of the Year at 121st Annual Meeting
- Atrius Health Joins National Health Care Organizations to Accelerate Transformation of U.S. Health Care System
- Atrius Health Groups to Merge
Newton—[November 2015]—Atrius Health is pleased to announce that it was a first place awardee at the Massachusetts Hospital Association (MHA)’s inaugural Accountable Care Compass Awards event, which recognizes provider excellence and innovation in the delivery of high-quality, safe and efficient care. Atrius Health’s initiative to build a best in class network of skilled nursing facilities was selected from more than 60 submissions MHA received from hospitals, physician groups, home health agencies and other care providers from across the Commonwealth. Independent judges reviewed the entries and selected finalists and a winner in six categories. Atrius Health was a first place winner in the “Improvements Across the Continuum of Care” category for their entry, “Building a best in class skilled nursing facility network to achieve triple aim goals.”
“So much of the amazing work that healthcare providers do often goes unrecognized. And it seemed to me that we should really shine a light on these tremendous statewide efforts,” said MHA’s President & CEO Lynn Nicholas, FACHE, who conceived the idea for awards. But while recognition and celebration is clearly important, MHA also had another motive – to create a platform for even greater awareness and sharing of best practices among all hospitals, health systems and other care providers. We hope the Compass Awards will serve as a valuable new opportunity and resource for our members to share their innovative best efforts so that we all benefit.”
As part of its ongoing mission to provide the highest quality care and an amazing experience for all of its patients, Atrius Health built a preferred network of skilled nursing facilities to improve collaboration between facility staff, attending teams and patients’ primary care physicians. These efforts significantly improved the experiences of patients requiring specialized care after a hospital stay as well as the quality of health care they received. Patients were able to recover and return home sooner, reducing the need for hospital readmission, all at a lower cost.
“Rehabilitation after a hospital stay requires a team effort from all those involved in order to ensure the best, smoothest recovery possible that gets patients back home to where they want to be,” saidDr. Steven Strongwater, President & CEO of Atrius Health. “We are honored to receive this award, and extend our sincere thanks to MHA, our staff, and our partnering skilled nursing facilities who have helped to create a collaborative and supportive community for the patients we collectively serve.”
The awards were presented at a November 12 breakfast ceremony emceed by Emmy Award-winning A&E Critic Joyce Kulhawik and attended by hospital, health system, physician organization and other healthcare provider leaders and innovators from across Massachusetts. Linda Oliver, Site Administrator of the Wellesley Practice of Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, accepted the award on behalf of Atrius Health.
Click here for a full list of winners and finalists.