- 2017 Press Releases
- 2016 Press Releases
- 2015 Press Releases
- Atrius Health Receives First-Place Accountable Care Compass Award from Massachusetts Hospital Association
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates welcomes Dr. Nicholas McAuley to its Chelmsford practice
- Harvard Vanguard Peabody Welcomes Dr. Susan Millet, DO
- Atrius Health Ranked Highest in Overall Score Among Massachusetts Pioneer ACOs
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Appoints Mary O’Neil as Kenmore Practice Administrator
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Appoints Linda Oliver as Wellesley Practice Site Administrator, West Region
- Atrius Health Names Geisinger Transformation Exec as New CEO
- Atrius Health Launches Innovation Center
- Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce Names Dedham Medical Associates Large Business of the Year at 121st Annual Meeting
- Atrius Health Joins National Health Care Organizations to Accelerate Transformation of U.S. Health Care System
- Atrius Health Groups to Merge
Atrius Health Launches Innovation Center
Generating, testing and implementing new approaches to care delivery
Newton - [April 22, 2015] - Atrius Health, the Northeast’s leading nonprofit independent multi-specialty medical group and home care agency and hospice, announced today that it is launching an Innovation Center dedicated to developing and improving patient-centered care delivery models that meet the needs of today's healthcare market. Atrius Health plans to invest $10 million towards this important objective.
"As the industry continues to move towards increased risk sharing, accountability and transparency around performance, increased patient engagement, and demands for big gains in efficiency, it is requiring us to rethink how we deliver care," said Daniel Burnes, MD, Transition CEO of Atrius Health. "As a leader in transforming healthcare delivery, Atrius Health is well-positioned to use the Innovation Center to demonstrate our commitment to the health of our patients and to navigate an ambitious path to remain a world-class provider organization."
The Innovation Center will focus on programs developed within the Atrius Health medical practices as well as on external programs that have a strong likelihood for improving quality and experience for a significant number of patients and demonstrating some financial return. Atrius Health practices and the Innovation Center will work together to generate and assess ideas, taking necessary steps for implementation once an idea is proven. Each selected project will undergo a rigorous and structured vetting process that includes generating ideas, thorough research, and testing before its launch.
The Atrius Health practices - including Dedham Medical Associates, Granite Medical Group, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates-together with VNA Care Network & Hospice serve 675,000 patients across eastern Massachusetts. The Innovation Center will be an independent business unit within Atrius Health. In addition, an Advisory Board consisting of membership from the Atrius Health Board and the organization's Senior Leadership will oversee the Innovation Center. It will be funded through an investment by the Atrius Health medical groups of $10 million over the next few years.
Dr. Karen Dasilva, who spearheaded the team that established the Center, has been appointed Vice President, Innovation. Dr. DaSilva joins the Innovation Center after serving as Deputy Chief Medical Officer and Director of Internal Medicine at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, an affiliate of Atrius Health. Dr. DaSilva received her medical degree from Albany Medical College and completed her internship and residency at Albany Medical Center Hospital. She is board certified in internal medicine.
About Atrius Health
Atrius Health is the Northeast's largest nonprofit independent multi-specialty medical group. The Atrius Health practices - including Dedham Medical Associates, Granite Medical Group, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates-together with VNA Care Network & Hospice serve 675,000 patients across eastern Massachusetts. A national leader in delivering high-quality, patient-centered coordinated care, the Atrius Health medical groups and home health agency & hospice work together, and in collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities, to develop innovative, effective and efficient ways of delivering care in the most appropriate setting, making it easier for patients to be healthy.