What is the Patient and Family Advisory Council?
Kenmore's Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a vibrant and diverse group of patients, families, and employees who help the Kenmore practice design new ways of delivering high-quality, patient-centered care at Harvard Vanguard.
What can I contribute as a PFAC member?
By becoming a PFAC member, you can have a valuable impact on the patient experience by sharing your input and ideas about how we can improve patient care, service, and safety. We are looking for representatives with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. If you are selected to become a member, you will be asked to serve a three (3) year term.
Who can serve on the PFAC?
To become a member of the PFAC, you must be 18 years or older and either a patient or a family member of a patient at Kenmore.
- Council members need to be able to:
- Attend monthly meetings, which are held the 4th Thursday of the month (excluding July and August) in the evening. Dinner will be provided and parking is complimentary (taxi vouchers available.)
- Commit to serve a three (3) year term
- Partner with and advocate for the diverse needs of our patients and their families
- See beyond own experience, listen to and respect multiple points of view
- Feel comfortable speaking in a group and actively engage in process improvement
- Share personal experiences in ways that others can learn from
- Commit to the vision and goals of the Kenmore Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
- Enthusiastically support the overall mission of Harvard Vanguard
How can I join the PFAC?
Please contact our PFAC coordinator, Katyuska Eibensteiner at 617-421-2929 or via email, KenmorePFAC@atriushealth.org if you are interested in completing an application.
To be selected as a member of the PFAC, you need to complete an application and a brief phone or in person interview. If selected, you will receive an orientation to the Kenmore practice which includes review of our patient privacy policies and a CORI check.
Thank you for considering becoming one of our patient partners!