- Wellness Information
- Video Library
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- All About the Flu
- Choosing Wisely
- Know When Antibiotics Work
- Stop Smoking
Committed to Safe CareMaintaining a Safe Environment for Patients and Staff
We know that safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds, and we have been taking extra precautions for the health of our patients and staff. Since the start of more in-person care, we have been working hard to provide the safest care environment possible when you come in for an appointment. Below are some of the enhanced screening, social distancing, cleaning and disinfecting procedures we are using each day.
Symptom Screening Procedures
- Patients are verbally screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure history when making an appointment and when entering our buildings on the day of their appointment. Any visitor accompanying a patient is also screened.
- Staff are required to be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure history prior to entering our sites for their work shift.
Masks, Personal Protective Equipment and Hand Hygiene
- Face coverings are required, and when needed, new surgical masks will be provided for all patients and visitors.
- Staff are additionally wearing eye protection during direct patient care.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and access to hand hygiene is readily available for patient, visitor and staff use.
- Staff perform hand hygiene before and after all patient contact.
- Wait rooms, common areas and workspaces have been rearranged for social distancing.
- Elevators have been updated to have capacity limits and there are posters encouraging social distancing and universal masking throughout our sites.
- We are utilizing outdoor and drive-through testing for suspect COVID patients as much as possible.
- Virtual care appointments by phone or video are offered whenever clinically appropriate.
Cleaning and Disinfection
- All exam rooms and equipment are cleaned and disinfected after each patient visit.
- All common area surfaces (e.g. chairs, check-in areas, doorknobs) are cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- We have removed reading materials and other items from waiting areas.
- Pens and pencils are discarded or disinfected after each use.