WIT Student Health Insurance Plan
Massachusetts law requires that all students who are enrolled for nine or more credit hours per semester (or on Co-op) be covered by health insurance. Most of the primary care services offered at Harvard Vanguard Student Health Services are provided to Wentworth students at no charge, although follow-up specialty care and ancillary testing (labs, x-rays) are typically not covered and will be billed to the student or student’s insurance company.
- A Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is available through Wentworth. For coverage details including costs, benefits, exclusions, any reductions or limitations, please refer to the plan information on www.uhcsr.com/wentworth, or call 800-977-4698. The SHIP is underwritten by Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Insurance Company and administered by UnitedHealthcare StudentResources.
- All students who are enrolled for nine or more credit hours per semester (or on Co-op) will automatically be billed for the student insurance plan.
- If you are already covered by an alternate plan that offers comparable coverage and would like to waive the college insurance plan, you MUST complete the Health Insurance Waiver which is located on-line at https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/wentworth by the billing due date for the term in which the charge is applied. Once the waiver is completed, the charge will be removed from your bill.
- If you wish to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan, complete the on-line enrollment form located at https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/wentworth.You must pay the premium in full by the bill semester due date.
- Any questions regarding the billing process should be directed to the Wentworth Student Service Center (617-989-4020).
- Wentworth requires international students to be enrolled in the college plan (SHIP).
- Dependent coverage is available for dependents of students who enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan. Rates for dependents can be found on-line at www.uhcsr.com/wentworth.
- The law does not recognize out of state Medicaid coverage as comparable insurance although enrollment in MassHealth qualifies for the waiver.
Students should know whether they have the college insurance plan (SHIP) or a family plan. If a student is covered by SHIP, Health Services knows the policy number for the students. However, if covered by a family plan, please be sure to:
- carry an insurance card,
- know under whose plan you're covered (mother, father, yourself),
- know the name of the plan,
- know the policy number of the plan, and the address.
Hours of operation and check-in locationsHarvard Vanguard Student Health Services
MassArt, 578 Huntington Ave., Second Floor
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am - 6:00am
Harvard Vanguard Kenmore practice
133 Brookline Ave, check-in on 4th floor
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Holidays 10 a.m. or 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.